Monday, May 4, 2009

Small Victories

Okay, so I don't know how many of you know this about me, but I am terrified of copy shops. T-E-R-R-I-F-I-E-D. There's something about the fact that you can choose for your picture to be in color or not or six times larger or seventy-one percent smaller or formatted horizontally or printed on vellum that makes me just shake in my shoes the second I darken the doorway of a Kinko's. Plus, everyone is looking at you and you have to act like you know what you're doing, and the worst part is, if you mess up, you still have to pay for it! I simply dread. making. copies.

Anyway, all of this is to say that I have an Art Analysis paper due this week which requires me to supply a color copy of the piece I'm studying. IES does not have a color printer. There is, however, a copy place right around the corner.

Imagine the dread with which I set foot in the doorway! Not only did I have to learn how to figure out how to use one of the massive machines-- with ridiculous paper formats, no less-- I had to do it all in German.

But guess what, guys? I did it! I did it! I made a lovely color copy, swiped my copy card, paid the copy lady, taped my picture onto my paper, and stapled the sucker. And then, elated, I went home and wrote a blog about it. I hope you are all very proud of me and are glad I tell you such exciting stories about life abroad.

(Please expect almost daily blog updates-- with subjects surely as enthralling as this one-- as I hone my procrastination skills. WOOOOO FINALS WEEK!)

2 comments:

  1. yay for daily blog updates!
    and yes i am very proud of you indeed. you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love making copies! And I make at least 20 a week for my little children...
    Also, I have always called the urge to blog during finals week (midterms for me)"productive procrastination"... however I somehow managed to restrain myself and not post ONCE this week. Maybe because I really was so busy I almost lost my mind...

    ReplyDelete