Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sasha Fierce Fools The Wieners

As the Week Of Excessive Blog Posts continues (funny how it corresponds with Finals Week, huh), I thought I would share with you this little gem.

Remember how I told you Beyonce was here?  And I was really sad I didn't get to go?  Well, post-concert, I've been assuaging the Beyonce-shaped hole in my heart by ripping out pictures of her concert from the free newspapers from the train station.  That's when I came across this article.  I thought you might enjoy it.

While the real Beyoncé was in Vienna, Austria as part of her Sasha Fierce World Tour, a local radio station accompanied an imposter look-alike around Vienna on Tuesday as an experiment to see how people would act when in the close presence of the superstar.

A prankster from Krona Hit Radio called The Albertina Museum to announce that they would be soon receiving a very famous visitor. Workers at the museum said that half an hour later a limousine drove up, and a woman in wraparound sunglasses emerged surrounded by five beefy bodyguards. Screaming fans were also present.

According to Museum spokesperson Verena Dahlitz, other celebrities like Nicolas Cage and Brad Pitt have visited there, so they weren’t entirely taken by surprise at having a celebrity guest. Dahlitz said she had her doubts that the person who got out of the limo was the real Beyoncé, saying that she was too thin and lacked the real singer’s curvy figure. Also, she never took off her sunglasses, avoided eye contact, and “acted strangely.”

During all the commotion at the museum, the real Beyoncé was spotted elsewhere in town. She was shopping at a nearby H&M clothing store.

A few points here.  

1.  Hahahahhaah.

2.  Beyonce shops at H&M.  I shop at H&M.  We're basically fashion soulmates.  (It's good to see someone else is keeping the sweatshops alive and kickin, too.)

3.  Really?  Really?  I title the following picture: "I Could Have Almost Certainly Done A Better Beyonce Impression."


That's just embarrassing.

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha NOT Beyonce. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I look more like beyonce than that skank! Where's the ghetto booty? shameful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha. you're definitely more bootylicious than that imposter!

    ReplyDelete