Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I'm Actually A Princess, Part II

I hope you guys still like me when I come home, because I am starting to think this whole "I'm-a-princess" thing is actually real.  Vienna is spoiling me rotten and I am quite receptive to it.

So here's the story of my latest royal adventure: Friday night we decided to go ice skating.  Of course, not just any old ice skating rink would do.  Instead, we went to the aptly-named "WIENER EISTRAUM 2009" in front of the Rathaus-- literally, the Viennese Ice-Dream.  Sounds promising, no?  

Let's just say if I had my way, I would have named it the Wiener Awesome Fantastic Sherbert Pony Sparkle Magic Candy Fantasy Bubbles Fairy Unicorn Twinkling Fireworks Popsicle Giggle Love Fest Palooza 2009.  And here's why:



Fantastic, no?  I've always maintained that I was a deprived child because I've never been to Disney World, but now I'm not so sure.  I kind of feel like Cinderella's castle is just okay in comparison.  Anyway, it was just magical.  There were loudspeakers playing ABBA and Grease and Lionel Richie, just the lightest snow falling from the sky, and little booths selling piping hot cider and punch.  

The best part, though, is that it's not just a circular rink.  Instead, there are ice-covered pathways leading off the rink and all over the lawn so you can take romantic little turns about the park.  It's much more exciting than regular ice skating!  See?


Anyway, it was certainly a lovely night.  The sad news is that I still have to go to school and wait for the streetcar in the cold (it's been frrrrrrreezing here) since apparently I'm not a real princess.  But sometimes it's just hard to remember.  

I guess that's all for now.  Thanks for all the Valentine's wishes, by the way.  I love you!

-Princess Whit

Hee hee.

5 comments:

  1. I AM SO STINKING JEALOUS OF YOU!!!!
    but i'm so glad you're getting to experience your true "princessness"... LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a second, hold the phone--we're BOTH princesses? i'm not the only one anymore?! hahaha jk jk

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the name of that ice rink. and it looks amazing. i would live there if i could. how fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH I AM PEEING AND DROOLING AND I WANT TO GO ON THOSE PATHS WITH YOU AND TAKE ROMANTIC TURNS IN THE PARRKKKKKKKKKKKKK

    ReplyDelete