Thursday, February 12, 2009

Die Kinder


Okay, I know I talk about how stinking cute the little kids are all over Europe, and I really am just going to have to start taking clandestine snapshots so you'll know what I mean.  But until then, bear with this description of THE HAPPIEST PART OF MY DAY.  Oh my gosh, it was so great.

I was on the U-Bahn going home from my German class mid-morning.  When the subway makes its first stop, I look out on the platform and see a looooong line of tiny, bundled-up ADORABLE kids standing with two teachers.  As the doors open, my heart leaps as they start filing into my car.  The teachers strategically place them four-deep on the seats meant for two, and they sit wide-eyed with their legs sticking straight out in front of them, bundled in their little striped scarves and tights and puffy jackets and little wool hats with ear flaps.

The ones who don't get seats stand clutching the poles and each others' hands, chatting in adorable little-kid-German as they wait for the train to start.  And then, when the doors finally close and the train leaves the platform, they let out this darling little chorus of delighted surprise.  "Whoaaaaaaauuuuuuwheeeeeeeee!"  Giggle giggle giggle.  

Needless to say, I giggled too.  It was so great and I have been positively walking on clouds since then.  Eeeeee

2 comments:

  1. I NEED A TICKET ON THAT BUS! WE NEVER GET LARGE GROUPS OF CUTE CHILDREN AT THE LIBRARY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. someday you, me, and nik can adopt 12 adorable children and lead them on little parades to display their cuteness.

    ReplyDelete