Monday, January 12, 2009

Don't Go Anywhere Without Your Helmut


WARNING: On a scale of 1 to ridiculous, this post is about to be a 58.  I'm just sayin.  The Euro-cool attitude remains unadopted.    

So.  IES has a great staff full of people whose job it is to help us get settled here in Vienna.  They do a great job.  Like Helmut, for example.  Who exactly is Helmut?  

Let's ask the IES Web site: 

Helmut Summersberger, Student Services Coordinator/ Sportcoordinator, Austrian citizen, native Viennese (ein echter Wiener), will be there to help you find your way while studying and living in Vienna. During summers he is Co-director at an International Summerschool teaching German, English and French for teens from all around the world. Helmut is the central contact at the center for matters related to extracurricular activities, sports, student life, health and safety. His main goal: To get students connected with locals!

Okay.  Fair enough.  Let's ask Whitney on her first day of orientation:

"Yeah, he's pretty dang cute."

Let's ask Whitney + roommates on the three days that follow:

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Helmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut!"

Needless to say, we were all waiting for our first Austrian crush, and he was practically delivered at our feet.  Helmut has blonde tousled surfer-hair, tan skin, a chiseled jawline (um okay and chiseled abs), an adorable accent, and a collection of really adorable sweaters.  

He is also a wee bit older than me.  As in, he's turning 37 on Monday.  But really, who's counting?

Just kidding again, Mom.  

Anyway.  So we all have a mutual crush on said IES employee, no big deal, we just giggle a little bit every time we see him, end of story, right?  Well, as it turns out, Helmut's position as Student Services Coordinator is not the only job on his resumé.  



That's right.  We just happened upon his online portfolio (not that we were stalking him, because that would be creepy.  Or something like that) and discovered that the one and only Helmut used to be A MALE MODEL AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It is obviously in everyone's best interest to direct you to his portfolio here.  You're welcome.  

And yes, you can visit for Spring Break.  

9 comments:

  1. mmm I want some bicycle with that helmut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm SO glad you're keeping the tradition of "giggle when he walks in the room" crushes... i would be worried if you didn't! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being awesome.

    PS - Please bring me home an Austrian souvenir. If you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second Hannah. Keep having adventures!

    P.S. She and I had lunch today at Newman, and we mourned your departure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you found my twin in Vienna. Oh Helmut, I miss the model days too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ALMOST JUST PEED MY PANTS I'M BOOKING A FLIGHT ASAP OMG OMG OMG i am so jealous of your eye candy. you better get on that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 30's is totally okay in my book. i informed emily and now i'm informing you that i've decided to lock myself in my room until you both return. it is so not the same here without you both. come home now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clearly I am living on the wrong continent entirely. And it is only partly because you aren't here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whitney, my darling godchild, I've decided to begin living my life vicariously through you. - Lisa

    ReplyDelete